Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What's in a Name?

I need a name for my blog.

Back in the 1980s when I was an avid reader of Byte Magazine, I enjoyed reading Jerry Pournelle's Chaos Manor column. Working as a science fiction writer, computer user, and reviewer of computer hardware and software sounded to me like just about the best job in the world. As a telecommuter myself I work out of my own "Chaos Manor".

Using an on-line thesaurus I came up with "Havoc Mansion". That sounds too much like Maniac Mansion. Anyone remember the computer game? The television series? My house isn't a mansion, although it is bigger than Horace Rumpole's "mansion apartment".

The topics I cover here make it more of a "Hodgepodge Lodge". Or maybe "Scuttlebutt Lodge"? No, that was already used by Red Fisher and then adapted by Red Green as his "Possum Lodge".

I'll keep thinking about it.

Keep your stick on the ice,

Jeff.

No comments: